The Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8 are designed for the triathlete, as indicated in the name. But this shoe is a good choice for a runner or triathlete who wants a fun and supportive shoe for mild overpronation. The designers of the Noosa really thought out what a runner/biker might need in a performance shoe. What’s to like about the Noosa Tri 8?
Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8 Photos
1. These shoes fit comfortably right out of the box. They are flexible yet supportive and don’t require a lot of breaking in time. Asics have been making running shoes for a while and know how to design a good shoe.
2. The Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8 shoes are light but still offer plenty of stability for mild overpronation. They weigh 9.9 oz for the men’s shoe and 8.8 oz for the womens. The light weight means they move with you. But the stability keeps your foot properly aligned when you hit the ground.
3. The Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8s are designed with a Propulsion Trusstic system and Impact Guidance system. What does this mean? It means the shoe creates tension when you hit the ground to properly absorb impact and the sole design guides your foot into proper alignment. There is also gel cushioning in the front and rear of the shoe for shock absorption. The foam of the shoe varies in density from forefoot to sole to respond to each foot strike. This shoe is designed to promote a natural footstrike for mild form issues. However it is not for severe overpronators or those with other types of running form problems.
4. As the name of this shoe says, the Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8 is made for biking and running so the triathlete can move from bike to road quickly and easily. Having to change shoes in the middle of the race can really slow you down. So the fact that these shoes can do both is a real plus. But for those who just want to run, this shoe provides plenty to like as well.
5. The Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8s are durable shoes. Made of high abrasion rubber, they stand up to lots of miles on the road. The upper is a breathable mesh which offers good water drainage in wet conditions. Some have noted that the tongue is thin and floppy and tends to feel more in the way than part of the shoe. But adjusting the tongue’s position to feel comfortable when you put them on seems to be the easy fix for this issue. The shoe’s overall construction and durability make them a good buy.
6. The most popular feature of the Noosa shoe is the look. These shoes are bright and colorful. They stand out in a crowd with the bold color combos. Even the black option has a funky design on the sole.
The Asics Gel Noosa Tri 8 is a great shoe for the runner or triathlete. It offers support and durability. And it is just a fun looking shoe to wear. Available on Amazon from 58.48-138 depending on style and size.