Are you looking for a Crossfit shoe? Need something between you and the floor of the gym but nothing to weigh you down. In our Inov-8 Bare-XF 210 review we gave it a top score of 99/100. It was designed to be a great cross training shoe without bulk and padding to get in the way. What does this shoe have with that in mind?
Innov-8 Bare-XF 210 Photos
1. The Innov-8 Bare-Xf 210 has only 3mm of rubber between you and the floor. Why is this a good thing? Because greater contact with the floor lets you get your balance while weight lifting, jumping, or running. You can find your center of gravity more easily if you can feel that contact with the floor. But the rubber also protects you from rough wood, unforgiving concrete, or just whatever is on a gym floor.
2. The rubber of this shoe is slightly sticky, allowing you to find some grip on the floor, a rope, or the ground for short sprints. The stickiness will wear off if they are worn outside a lot but for normal cross training workouts, these shoe will hold out just fine.
3. The Innov-8 Bare-XF 210 has a toe guard to protect your toes during those high impact moves such as box jumps. That layer of rubber is sure nice when you smack your toes into a box or wall. This is a thoughtful addition in a cross training shoe.
4. The makers of the Innov-8 Bare-XF 210 know Crossfit athletes climb ropes. So they put a little piece of rubber on the inside medial of the shoe. This won’t completely protect you from the feel of the rope, but minimizing rope burn is a good thing. It is a simple feature that can make a difference in your workout.
5. The Innov-8 Bare-XF 210 is a versatile shoe. It works for weightlifting, sprints and plyometrics like jump rope and rope climbs. It is not designed for long distance running. It’s not made like a minimalist running shoe, nor does it have support like a light weight long distance running shoe. This is made with the cross trainer or Crossfitter in mind.
6. The minimalist design is true to form for this shoe. It has a 0mm drop, meaning there is no rise in the shoe from toe to heel. The sole is flexible and lets you feel the ground. And the upper is a lightweight breathable mesh. This is not meant to be a comfortable shoe as far as cushioning. It is made to do its job with minimal features.
At 7.4 oz, the Innov-8 Bare-XF 210 is a light shoe. It is a well-designed shoe with some nice touches such as the toe guard and rubber for rope climbing. It comes in a variety of colors too, from black to silver, blue, or red.