This video is a thorough review of the FiveFingers Moc by Justin Owings, who has a great site on “birthday shoes” that contains a lot of valuable information when it comes to barefoot shoes. Some information that Justin mentions and that you will notice in this video:
- The shoes may be the most minimalist barefoot styled shoes out by Vibram
- The shoes are very thin and compact
- Remind him very closely of a glove, not unlike gloves used for golfing
- Because of the thin minimalist nature of the Five Fingers Moc, your toes have almost as much free motion as if you were barefoot
- The female version is called the “Vibram Five Fingers Performa”
My personal take on the Moc/Performa is that it is too minimalist. It’s almost like wearing a high end Injinji sock or slipper which I can do without. I think it’s great for lounging around in the house but for outdoor activities it probably wouldn’t hold up.