Popular Vibram Shoes
In 2007 the Vibram FiveFingers (VFF) shoe was selected as one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2007. Why? Vibram FiveFingers shoes give you all the health benefits of running or walking barefoot without the actual physical risks of going barefoot in a modern environment.
Wearing Vibram Fivefingers allows your feet to move naturally which strengthens your feet and lower body and prevent injuries.
Introducing Vibram FiveFingers Shoes
Benefits of Wearing Vibram FiveFingers Shoes
- Strengthens Muscles in foot and lower body.
- Improves flexibility and range in motion in ankle, foot, and toes.
- Improves balance and and body awareness.
- Helps align spine and improve overall body posture.
- Simply feels good since feet move naturally and freely.
Why Vibram FiveFingers Shoes?
By walking and running barefoot we allow our body to move how it was initially designed. By wearing shoes, however, we change the natural way we walk and run which can lead to sprains, shin splints, and other common foot injuries.
Dr. William Rossi in a 1999 article in Podiatry Management said it best with regards to going barefoot :
It took 4 million years to develop our unique human foot and our consequent distinctive form of walk, a remarkable feat of bioengineering. Yet, in only a few thousand years, and with one carelessly designed instrument, our shoes, we have warped the pure anatomical form of human walk, obstructing its engineering efficiency, afflicting it with strains and stresses and denying it its natural grace of form and ease of movement head to foot.
Many customers after switching from traditional athletic shoes to Vibram FiveFingers shoes have reported an increase in sense of balance, improved agility, relief from past running injuries, and an improvement in overall posture.
Vibram FiveFinger Shoes News
- Barefoot Running Shoes vs Padded Shoes
- Barefoot Running News: Approaching Barefoot Running Smartly, Another Vibram Boo-boo, and Strengthening Your Feet
- Vibram FiveFingers Faces Lawsuit for "Deceptive" Claims
- Barefoot Running News: No More Back and Knee Pain with Barefoot/Minimalist Running and the Case for Running Shoes
- A Closer Look at the New Vibram FiveFingers KomodoSport LS, Trek LS and Bormio